A little bit of mambo to wake up in winter mornings! As it's so damn cold, I'm only up for warm meals, so it becomes tough to bring raw food to my daily intake. Through green smoothies I've come across an excellent solution to two important issues: daily raw intake (and, preferably leafy greens) and using up the ridiculous amounts of leaves (lettuce, swiss chard, arugula...) that arrive in the organic vegetables we get weekly. So lately, as a morning started, a good green smoothie! They're usually sweet due to the fruit proportion (normally apple or grapes), but they also taste sort of bitter (greens) and even spicy because of the arugula (you don't have blood in your veins if you don't wake up to this...), which you've got to be careful with, since it has a strong and spicy flavour. Later on, it might be time for some grains or a nice tea...
Batut verd / Green smoothie
Raïm / Grapes
Rúcula / Arugula
Lletuga (no sé quin tipus és... fulles llises verd clar tirant a blanques) / Lettuce (no idea which sort... flat light green tending to whitish leaves)
Aigua / Water
- Fer net tots els ingredients.
- Xapar per la meitat els grans de raïm perquè siguin més fàcils de triturar.
- Tallar a trossos les fulles.
- Tot junt dins un tassó i batre fins que quedi fina la textura (hi ha un límit, no queda sedós).
- Wash all the ingredients.
- Chop in half the grapes so they're easier to blend.
- Chop the leaves.
- All together in a glass and blend until smooth (there's a limit, it doesn't get silky).
|Es veu tot!|
You see everything!
|Colors de vida!|
Escoltant / Listening: The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Food for clouds